It can be tough to keep up with the new smart technology hitting the market, but learning how to automate your home is worth every penny-and can afford you tons of peace of mind. Check out these must-have technology gadgets that will make your life easier and your home smarter!
Home security technology is constantly evolving, and it’s now easier than ever to keep your home safe without spending an arm and a leg.
Here Are Home Technology Must-Haves:
- Sensors: The first line of defense in home security is your sensors. Motion sensors, door sensors, flood sensors, smoke and carbon monoxide sensors, glass break sensors, and window/door contact sensors are smart options that are easy to install and don’t require a physical connection. For example, smart window/door contacts with batteries can be installed in your home in minutes.
- Doorbells – Technology has completely changed the way we live our lives. A decade ago, getting online at home meant dialing into a phone line, sitting at a computer for hours, and waiting at a busy connection point. Now, we can access the Internet virtually from anywhere. Smart home technology brings us even closer, offering more convenient and automated ways to connect a home to the Internet. Smart home doorbells allow you to answer the door from anywhere, a built-in camera lets you see who’s there before you open it, and a smart doorbell shows you who’s at the door through your phone.
- Smart Door Lock – You work hard for it, and it should feel like home. The innovative technology that is available today can help you achieve that. Smart door locks allow you to control the security of your home, from unlocking the door to locking and unlocking it right from your smartphone. If your door is equipped with a smart lock, you can control your home’s security from anywhere.
- Nest Cam – Technology has come a long way in recent years. Plus, new smart home gadgets are coming out left and right, giving you more reasons to invest in your home. One of the hottest new smart home gadgets is Nest Cam, a security camera that attaches to your wall. This camera allows you to keep an eye on your home 24/7, and it can also alert you if it detects motion or loud noises or when someone is in your home.
- Smart Control Thermostats – Your thermostat may be the hidden workhorse of your home. It’s responsible for heating and cooling your home, so it’s essential to make it as efficient as possible. A smart thermostat can also be used to control electrical appliances such as a water heater. A smart programmable thermostat will give you complete control over your home, allowing you to set temperatures when you’re at home or away and adapting your house to your schedule to save money and energy. In addition, you may be able to detect if any of your appliances are not working properly because they are taking a long time to complete the task. For example, if your Water Heater isn’t working properly, you’ll notice that it is taking longer than usual to heat the water. That way you won’t have to waste time figuring out what’s wrong and can contact a professional right away to have it repaired.
- Smart Leak Technology – Take the mystery out of early morning leaks and sudden, heavy rains with Smart Leak Technology. This innovative solution from GE Intelligent Platforms is a smart home solution designed to detect leaks before they cause any damage. This smart technology ensures you never miss a leak again, giving you total peace of mind.
- Smart Smoke Detectors – A smoke detector is a life-saving device. You want a unit that will signal the fire department and alert you at the bare minimum. But smoke detectors can also provide many other benefits.
- Smart Lighting – Smart lighting is quickly transforming homes into smart homes. An emerging trend is to use lights to communicate with other smart home devices.
- Smart Control Plugs – Smart home technology has come a long way in the past few years. From refrigerators that order food for you to home security and monitoring that you can control from your smartphone, smart technology can make life so much easier. Smart home technology includes smart control plugs, one of the most useful and economical ways to control your appliances remotely.
- Smart Vacuum – A smart home vacuum cleaner is one of the best improvements you can make to your living space. Smart vacuums use powerful suction to pick up pet hair, dirt, and debris and then filter and recycle the air in your home. The vacuums even come with built-in Wi-Fi so that they can connect to your smart home automation system.
Do you dream of having a smart home? Smart home technology is entering a whole new level of convenience in the modern home. Smart home technology allows you to control your home’s security, entertainment, comfort, and lighting from anywhere, at any time, with your smartphone. Smart home technology is also extremely versatile, allowing you to design your home to support your lifestyle. However, installing a smart home requires purchasing a lot of individual products. But, for every smart equipment, you may need to hire specialists for installation and maintenance. For instance, if you are planning to buy a smart air conditioner for high efficiency, superior cooling features, and dedicated app support, you may need to take assistance from local AC companies for its installation. Also, without a concrete plan, you may find yourself with too many smart home products, not enough space, or too much clutter.
Smart home technology has made a wave of headway in most consumers’ homes, and now, smart home technology is expanding into the world of gambling. With gambling casinos, both online and in traditional brick and mortar venues, upping their ante on technology, gamblers now have more options than ever before.